You know a project is intense when it calls for two blogs posts. Really, the bottom and tops of my nightstand project were so drastically different from each other that I couldn’t group them together.
I decided long ago that I wanted to use this technique from Pinterest to do our dining room table. Once I saw that our nightstands were missing a top, this became a good way to practice this technique.
Austin ordered the stencils from Cutting Edge Stencils. I spent a good amount of time researching the method and creating a shopping list of supplies. After a trip to Lowe’s we were ready for some crafting!
I decided to line up my two nightstand tops and paint their stencils at the same time. I rolled the paint on and moved the stencil to make sure the whole thing was covered. I let the boards dry for 24 hours.
At this point then drawers and tops made the trip out west unattached to each other. This was a mistake on my part… They made it through on rain and the tops actually got a little warp… To make sure the tops stayed flat I cheated and put screws directly through the top into the drawer bottoms. One day I may countersink them to hide the screws, but for now they blend pretty well.