The whole purpose of #BettyTheBus was to have a place to stay at the Smith property, mainly during hunting season. Since our main need was a place to sleep and a place to do our business, that outlined our first major goals for the bus conversion.
As October came and went, Austin spent a lot of time rocking and rolling on the bus. This included many Amazon purchases, countless trips to the hardware store, and a lot of quality time with Betty.
In the past few weeks this is what Austin has accomplished:
- Installed a hot water heater
- Built the bed frame
- Procured a free mattress and cut it to size
- Installed most of a shower
- Put in a toilet
- Ran a good amount of plumbing
- Got new tired for Betty
- Drove Betty 300 miles west and parked her for hunting season
Things I have done:
- Moral support for my wonderful husband
- Cleaned and organized Betty for her move west.
- Started working on the “extras” to start styling Betty. I’ll share those later.
Here are some of our adventures…